- Come join us
What we do.
Cardinal, a Visa solution, is a global leader in authenticating digital transactions. We work every day to make the digital shopping experience safe, rewarding, and engaging. We're a global leader not only because of what we do, but because of who we are. Our team represents the best of the best. We work in a way that suits our people, their lifestyles, work styles, and individuality. We work hard as a team to collectively meet - and exceed - goals and consider each other family. We are one of the leading fintech companies in Northeast OH with teams locally and around the world working remotely. We are proud of what we do and how we do it.
Come join us
The Software Engineer in Test will be involved in the full development lifecycle and will work to infuse quality by developing and sustaining automated test harnesses that will run continuously in the CI / CD pipeline. You will be challenged to think outside the box and bring cutting edge quality assurance and testing technology and tools in-house. This position requires the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, guide, and influence teammates, and determine appropriate testing techniques for our evolving technology landscape.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with developers, Product Owners, and other team members to gain shared understanding of test automation needs
- Responsible for analyzing use cases and test scenarios.
- Drive test-related activities early and maximize working in parallel with developers and Product Owners.
- Identify, recommend, and implement automated testing strategies across multiple systems and platforms.
- Implement and maintain test automation and testing frameworks, performance testing tools, and other quality inspection tools.
- Test APIs, user interfaces, web services, and web applications
- Translate existing manual regression test cases into automated tests and ensure we have sufficient coverage of our applications.
- Debug and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Be an ambassador for Agile QA
- Practicing TDD and BDD as development methodologies
- Partner in improving automated build and deployment processes to incorporate automated test execution and feedback in delivery pipelines.
- Conduct manual testing as needed.
- Partner with release management to coordinate the release of code through environments.
- Participate in design sessions and user story mappings.
- Be a representative for the team throughout the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from multiple perspectives (Critical Thinking) and understand how things influence one another (System Thinking)
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with business partners and leaders of varying levels.
- Confident communicator: Balancing listening and talking, speaking, and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others, keeping others informed.
- Passion for Technology and applying new technologies.
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented.
What We Need You To Have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or other technical discipline
- In lieu of degree, a high school diploma/equivalent with 4 or more years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 3+ years in a Test automation capacity implementing automated testing of browser-based and microservices applications.
- Experience with automated testing types, tools, and techniques (Unit, Functional, Load; JUnit, NUnit XUnit, Cucumber, Selenium, ReadyAPI, SoapUI, Jasmine, Karma, Enzyme, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Java, Cucumber testing framework
- Experience with testing, and Microservices testing principles.
- Java, C# / .Net, and/or Ruby application programming expertise with knowledge of best coding practices and version control practices.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Experience with relational and document database technologies (e.g., SQL Server, Mongo)
- Prior experience doing automated testing in an Agile testing environment.
What We'd Like You To Have:
- Experience using Docker, Docker-Compose to set up local environments that facilitate testing.
- Experience coaching, mentoring and/or managing individuals.
- Experience with pair programing and peer reviews
- Experience with secure coding practices (e.g., OWASP) and/or automated security testing e.g., checkmarx, ZAP
- Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers and reach with hands and arms.
- Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position.
- This position can be performed in a remote work arrangement for any candidate located outside the greater Cleveland area. To foster community, connection, and collaboration, it is expected that candidates within a 50 mile commute of our Mentor, Ohio location adhere to a hybrid working model. This hybrid model includes in office and work from home days each week.