- Come join us
What we do.
Cardinal, a Visa solution, is a global leader in authenticating digital transactions. We work every day to make the digital shopping experience safe, rewarding, and engaging. We're a global leader not only because of what we do, but because of who we are. Our team represents the best of the best. We work in a way that suits our people, their lifestyles, work styles, and individuality. We work hard as a team to collectively meet - and exceed - goals and consider each other family. We are one of the leading fintech companies in Northeast OH with teams locally and around the world working remotely. We are proud of what we do and how we do it.
Come join us
As a full stack software developer at CardinalCommerce, your role is to serve as a technical expert in the design, development, testing, and delivery of new software or complex enhancements to existing applications while following the software development lifecycle that is established by the company. You will be responsible for delivering end-to-end software solutions that fulfill both customer and project needs. This includes writing clean, readable, and reusable code, as well as coordinating team project work from ideation to delivery through all environments and providing support to owned applications.
*We have multiple openings and different seniority levels needed for Full Stack developers on our team*
What You'll Do:
- Full stack contributions on all layers of application development, including but not limited to Presentation layer, Business Logic layer, and Data Access layer.
- Complete tasks related to the complete software development lifecycle including technical requirements, documentation, development, and testing.
- Focus on how the project will react against the actual production environment and less on passing QA.
- Be accountable for code introduced to the production environment.
- Collaborate with the product organization to deliver technical expertise on roadmap items.
- Review business and technical requirements, identifying opportunity areas and adjusting as needed.
- Resolve customer complaints with software, and respond to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements.
- Conduct multiple layers of testing on applications, including acceptance testing, unit testing, and integration testing.
- Quickly identify design issues that would prevent scalability, performance, or accessibility of applications.
- Contribute to software design using established patterns and practices.
- Operate in an Agile environment, working with product and QA team members to deliver software focused on quality.
- Ensure effective integration of software across products, platforms, and environments.
- Work with internal teams to coordinate the releasing of code to the production environment.
What We Need You to Have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a technical or related discipline.
In lieu of a degree, a high school diploma or equivalent with four or more years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- At least 3 years of related software development experience including:
-Good understanding of object-oriented programming principles and design patterns, preferably with Java.
-Excellent understanding of web development technologies and tools, specifically in the realm of application performance.
-Strong understanding of architecture and database design.
- Applied experience practicing Agile software development, preferably Kanban focused.
-Experience collaborating with multiple internal organizations to deliver product needs, working with business teams to define acceptance criteria, outline sprint work, and document updates as delivered.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development, preferably Ruby and Cucumber (Gherkin-syntax).
- Prior experience supporting applications in a production environment.
What We'd Like You to Have:
- Proven use of ATDD, writing tests that explore all layers of an application, preferably using Ruby and Selenium.
- Experience working with distributed database systems, such as MongoDB and Redis.
- Experience integrating APIs and developing scalable architecture utilizing technologies such as Service Broker and ActiveMQ.
- Development and support of applications using Microsoft SQL Management Studio, using Microsoft T-SQL commands.
- Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
- Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers and reach with hands and arms.
- Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position.
- This position can be performed in a remote work arrangement for any candidate located outside the greater Cleveland area. To foster community, connection, and collaboration, it is expected that candidates within a 50 mile commute of our Mentor, Ohio location adhere to a hybrid working model. This hybrid model includes in office and work from home days each week.
This position can be performed in a remote work arrangement for any candidate located outside the greater Cleveland area, or any Visa office. To foster community, connection, and collaboration, it is expected that candidates within a 50 mile commute of our Mentor, Ohio location adhere to a hybrid working model. Hybrid work is also expected for any candidate within a 50 mile commute of a Visa office. This hybrid model includes in office and work from home days each week.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.