- Come join us
What we do.
Cardinal, a Visa solution, is a global leader in authenticating digital transactions. We work every day to make the digital shopping experience safe, rewarding, and engaging. We're a global leader not only because of what we do, but because of who we are. Our team represents the best of the best. We work in a way that suits our people, their lifestyles, work styles, and individuality. We work hard as a team to collectively meet - and exceed - goals and consider each other family. We are one of the leading fintech companies in Northeast OH with teams locally and around the world working remotely. We are proud of what we do and how we do it.
Come join us
The Linux Systems Engineer will support the Operations group in building solutions leveraging software and hardware, supporting the production infrastructure, and analyzing data to contribute to CardinalCommerce goals and initiatives. This role will provide support for CardinalCommerce internal and customer-facing systems.
What you'll do:
- Manage, monitor, and assist in the development and implementation of the next generation of Linux infrastructure.
- Build, test, configure, and maintain Linux systems, system management tools, and application software.
- Troubleshoot bottlenecks and other technical issues before they become problems, offering strong solutions that support our infrastructure and strengthen our security.
- Work with Support, Software Development, Security, and other teams to apply necessary fixes.
- Apply system software updates and security patches.
- Contribute to building Linux automation and systems management solutions at scale.
- Troubleshoot and resolve support tickets as prioritized by the Systems Engineering Manager.
- Compose internal documentation that reflects processes and system configuration.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems.
- Ensure systems' up time and stability.
- Assist with capacity planning.
- Analyze system logs for troubleshooting and identify system improvement.
- Escalate issues internally as needed.
- Assist with audits of servers and environment to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Participate in functional and technical meetings throughout the development lifecycle.
- Identify and resolve hardware/software problems.
What we need you to have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree. In lieu of a degree, a high school diploma or equivalent with four or more years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
5+ years of hands-on experience building, maintaining, troubleshooting Linux systems.
- Experience with monitoring, maintaining, and supporting a variety of underlying infrastructure systems such as Kubernetes and VMWare.
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Ansible, Python, YAML, JSON, PowerShell, Bash, Cloud Formation, and Terraform.
- Experience writing and maintaining scripts that automate tech operations
- Scripting experience with some of the following: Perl, Python, and/or Java.
- Basic knowledge of web-based service-oriented application development.
- Linux performance troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with data virtualization and monitoring technologies like Kibana, Grafana, AppDynamics, and Logic monitor.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise, CentOS, or Debian.
What we would like for you to have:
- Experience writing infrastructure-as-code (e.g., Terraform or Ansible).
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, security best practices, networking technologies.
- Knowledge of Windows Server OS.
- Knowledge of SANs.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers and reach with hands and arms.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position.
This position can be performed in a remote work arrangement for any candidate located outside the greater Cleveland area. To foster community, connection, and collaboration, it is expected that candidates within a 50 mile commute of our Mentor, Ohio location adhere to a hybrid working model. This hybrid model includes in office and work from home days each week.