- Come join us
What we do.
Cardinal, a Visa solution, is a global leader in authenticating digital transactions. We work every day to make the digital shopping experience safe, rewarding, and engaging. We're a global leader not only because of what we do, but because of who we are. Our team represents the best of the best. We work in a way that suits our people, their lifestyles, work styles, and individuality. We work hard as a team to collectively meet - and exceed - goals and consider each other family. We are one of the leading fintech companies in Northeast OH with teams locally and around the world working remotely. We are proud of what we do and how we do it.
Come join us
The Technical Coach is responsible for coaching software development teams on software craftsmanship and technical practices that are best suited for use in Cardinal's implementation of Agile. This role will educate teams on how software principles and practices fit into a continuous improvement culture as well as the processes necessary to deploy them.
What You'll Do:
- Educate and coach development teams on software craftsmanship principles and practices, such as:
- Agile mindset and practices
- Test Driven Development (TDD; test-first).
- Business demonstrable (vertically sliced) stories.
- Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
- CI/CD and pipeline buildout and optimization.
- Partner with technical leadership to drive and build out our technical coaching strategy.
- Assist in the identification of individuals who will continue to help implement these practices across other teams.
- Facilitate learning opportunities and in-moment learning within teams to educate how to be high-performing teams.
- Apply knowledge and experience with Agile teams when creating new tools and capabilities.
- Facilitate technical discussion and provide recommendations on ways to solve.
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices.
- Guide and train teams on software craftsmanship and development tools to achieve Agile mindset.
- Improve process with backlog maintenance, prioritization, and resolution of defects/bugs and root cause analysis techniques for defects/bugs and systemic changes to avoid them.
What We Need You to Have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, or a related discipline.
In lieu of a degree, a high school diploma or equivalent with four or more years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, will be considered.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience including coaching and leading teams in Agile/Scrum adoption.
- Experience building out CI/CD pipelines with teams and integrating into release management process.
- Advanced understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Experience facilitating and conducting workshops, retrospectives, assessments, building relationships between multiple stakeholders and team members.
- Ability to create and deliver training sessions.
What We'd Like You to Have:
- Payments industry knowledge.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position.
Relocation assistance will not be offered.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.