- Come join us
What we do.
Cardinal, a Visa solution, is a global leader in authenticating digital transactions. We work every day to make the digital shopping experience safe, rewarding, and engaging. We're a global leader not only because of what we do, but because of who we are. Our team represents the best of the best. We work in a way that suits our people, their lifestyles, work styles, and individuality. We work hard as a team to collectively meet - and exceed - goals and consider each other family. We are one of the leading fintech companies in Northeast OH with teams locally and around the world working remotely. We are proud of what we do and how we do it.
Come join us
The Technical Services Specialist I will provide support for customer issues and the collection, validation, and interpretation of data and statistics. This role will analyze and consolidate performance data and statistics, and work with customers to resolve issues in integrations and performance. The Technical Services Specialist I will support the customer activation and customer support groups to contribute to Cardinal goals and initiatives. This role will primarily service requests through an active internal helpdesk, and includes troubleshooting and answering questions, analyzing data, and configuring customer product behavior.
What You'll Do:
- Monitor product behavior and trends.
- Troubleshoot unexpected behavior.
- Field questions from developers integrating our solutions (especially mobile and web).
- Analyze transactional or performance data.
- Configure custom product behavior using proprietary methods.
- Perform tasks at scale that cannot be performed manually.
- Participate in client calls including code reviews in various languages and environments.
- Build custom reports and maintain standard reports.
- Integrate and exercise our published APIs using assorted technologies.
- Collect and analyze application, browser, and device logs.
- Perform detailed investigation and summary of potential product improvements.
- Interface with internal product and development teams.
- Write custom scripts to automate novel tasks.
- Develop internal and external tools including web and device interfaces and server-side application code.
- Assist with customer activations.
- Participate in customer review meetings.
- Support, debug, and troubleshoot existing applications and/or database issues.
- Product and maintain reports (mainly SQL/MS Excel) to support data and KPI requirements.
- Analyze transactional data for reporting and troubleshooting.
- Analyze large quantities of data to find trends or patterns of potential issues.
- Design and develop tools for automation and process improvement in various software languages.
- Work with software engineering on issues that cannot be resolved to identify a root cause.
- Develop software user interfaces using internal tools and frameworks.
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality.
- Design or develop automated testing tools.
- Off hours on-call availability when required.
What We Need You to Have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in computer science or a similar discipline.
In lieu of a degree, a high school diploma or equivalent with four or more years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, will be considered.
- 1+ years of experience in technical support or a related field.
- Experience diagnosing, reporting, tracking, and resolving software issues.
- Experience working in a variety of programming languages.
- Experience working in a variety of environments (Windows, Linux).
- Ability and desire to write practical scripts (ex: Perl, Python, Ruby) to address immediate needs.
- Experience working with data using SQL.
- Demonstrated software development and technical skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products.
What We'd Like You to Have:
- Software troubleshooting skills.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position.
Relocation assistance will not be offered.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.