- Come join us
What we do.
Cardinal, a Visa solution, is a global leader in authenticating digital transactions. We work every day to make the digital shopping experience safe, rewarding, and engaging. We're a global leader not only because of what we do, but because of who we are. Our team represents the best of the best. We work in a way that suits our people, their lifestyles, work styles, and individuality. We work hard as a team to collectively meet - and exceed - goals and consider each other family. We are one of the leading fintech companies in Northeast OH with teams locally and around the world working remotely. We are proud of what we do and how we do it.
Come join us
The Senior Quality Engineer Manager is responsible for influencing without authority, making and proposing needed changes to bring more impact and the ability to hire, guide, coach, and grow exceptional QA teams. This role will lead a team of QA analysts and software development engineers in test (SDETs). This position will be a visible leader responsible for developing and motivating future technology leaders and will foster a culture of continuous learning and innovation. This position will act as a servant leader who can lead multiple parallel initiatives - big and small - with attention to detail, manage outcomes and is passionate about CI/CD/DevOps/Software Quality Engineering, while working alongside a team of seasoned engineers and engineer managers whose main objective is to maintain all aspects of the application health and ensure the quality delivery of software product releases.
What You'll Do:
- Support, train, facilitate, and consult other QAs and team members and ensure QA best practices are established in an Agile environment.
- Provide support, mentoring, and professional development for QA analysts and SDETs.
- Encourage developers to test their own code and to write sufficient and effective unit tests to ensure new code has no obvious errors and to get notified quickly as soon as something is broken.
- Provide advice on challenging situations.
- Facilitate internal team communication across many Agile projects.
- Act as an escalation point for the testing team.
- Be an advocate of QA throughout the organization.
- Provide technical expertise (e.g., proper use of test techniques).
- Ensure the Agile teams implement and follow best practices to ensure quality code.
What We Need You to Have:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in a technical or related discipline.
In lieu of a degree, a high school diploma or equivalent with four or more years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 5+ years of experience in quality engineering.
- 3+ years of experience managing technical engineering teams.
- Experience as a leader/trainer in a large, complex QA organization, with a demonstrated ability to implement scalable automation solutions.
- Experience with acceptance test-driven development using the Gherkin language like Cucumber.
- Ability to define, drive, and communicate strategy and vision and influence across the organization.
- Experience with hands-on coaching with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with automated testing techniques and tools.
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills to help validate implementation of software against functional and technical requirements.
- Advanced understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position.
Relocation assistance will not be offered.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
This role is eligible for remote work from anywhere in the US, or could be based out of our headquarters in Cleveland, OH.