- Come join us
What we do.
Cardinal, a Visa solution, is a global leader in authenticating digital transactions. We work every day to make the digital shopping experience safe, rewarding, and engaging. We're a global leader not only because of what we do, but because of who we are. Our team represents the best of the best. We work in a way that suits our people, their lifestyles, work styles, and individuality. We work hard as a team to collectively meet - and exceed - goals and consider each other family. We are one of the leading fintech companies in Northeast OH with teams locally and around the world working remotely. We are proud of what we do and how we do it.
Come join us
You will develop new software and update existing software as it relates to a wide variety of data systems. This includes writing clean, readable, and reusable code, testing, deploying, and providing support when needed. This position will also require instructing other software engineers in using libraries the team creates. Development takes place in a fast-paced Agile environment that adjusts to meet the requirements of various stakeholders.
What You'll Do:
- Development and support of applications, primarily in Java.
- Develop an understanding of business, technical, and infrastructure requirements.
- Participate in design sessions focused on the scalability, availability, and reliability of data-driven software solutions.
- Apply coding and analytical skills in all phases of the system life cycle.
- Contribute to software design using established patterns and practices.
- Ensure secure coding, contingency, and deployment methodologies are in place upon moderately complex software implementation.
- Conduct multiple layers of testing on applications, including acceptance testing, unit testing, and integration testing.
- Accountable for the performance, reliability, availability, and scalability of applications as assigned.
- Quickly identify design issues that would prevent scalability, performance, or accessibility of applications.
- Ensure effective integration of software across products, platforms, and environments.
- Analyze existing applications to determine where problems occur and develop possible solutions.
- Use of source code repositories, build, and deployment tools (ex: Git, Jenkins).
- Operate in an Agile environment, working with the Product and QA team members to deliver software focused on quality.
- Troubleshoot technical issues that come up within the production environment.
- Work with internal teams to coordinate the release of code to production environment.
What We Need You to Have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field.
In lieu of degree, a high school diploma or equivalent with four or more years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Java developer.
- Demonstrated understanding of RDMBS and NoSQL systems and best practices for querying these systems.
- Ability to read query plans and act on them.
- Applied experience practicing Agile software development, preferably Kanban focused.
- Demonstrated understanding of object-oriented programming principles.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Strong independent development skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, and can easily communicate with both technical and non-technical team members.
What We'd Like You to Have:
- Experience with Microsoft SQL server.
- Experience with MongDB.
- Experience with JMS compliant queuing systems.
- Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
- Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers and reach with hands and arms.
- Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position.
- This position can be performed in a remote work arrangement for any candidate located outside the greater Cleveland area. To foster community, connection, and collaboration, it is expected that candidates within a 50 mile commute of our Mentor, Ohio location adhere to a hybrid working model. This hybrid model includes in office and work from home days each week.