- Come join us
What we do.
Cardinal, a Visa solution, is a global leader in authenticating digital transactions. We work every day to make the digital shopping experience safe, rewarding, and engaging. We're a global leader not only because of what we do, but because of who we are. Our team represents the best of the best. We work in a way that suits our people, their lifestyles, work styles, and individuality. We work hard as a team to collectively meet - and exceed - goals and consider each other family. We are one of the leading fintech companies in Northeast OH with teams locally and around the world working remotely. We are proud of what we do and how we do it.
Come join us
The Software Development Manager is responsible for building and growing the technical teams within the Software Development department. This role will partner with other departments within the organization to plan, recruit, and hire for positions on the development teams in order to fulfill the needs of the business. The Software Development Manager is responsible for the training, career planning, performance, and growth of the individuals on the team, while also providing technical leadership for those individuals. Along with the personal development of the team, the Software Development Manager is responsible for partnering with the Global Product team to perform high-level reviews of product initiatives to manage the technical roadmap for software development.
What You'll Do:
- Provide mentoring, coaching, team development.
- Evaluate department performance and identify improvement areas.
- Deliver action plans to accomplish company goals.
- Conduct performance evaluations for team members.
- Responsible for setting team and individual goals.
- Partner with Global Product to determine capacity planning for teams.
- Partner with Human Resources on recruiting for new positions.
- Interview and hire for technical positions.
- Manage onboarding of new hires onto the team.
- Maintain a relationship with team members through one-on-one meetings in order to manage the team and individual concerns.
- Manage training opportunities for team members.
- Act as a role model for the Software Development department.
- Provide technical leadership for the team.
- Production support of core products.
- Manage system access for members of the team.
- Participate and contribute to the Architecture team.
- Partner with Product to vet technical feasibility and provide high-level estimates for projects.
- Manage technology initiatives for the platform and partner with the Product team to complete them.
What We Need You to Have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
In lieu of a degree, a high school diploma/equivalent with four or more years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, will be considered.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical field.
- 3+ years of experience in leading application teams or technical management.
- Prior experience leading and managing technical teams.
- Proactive when working with cross-functional teams to identify risks, opportunities, and resolutions.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and priorities.
- Accustomed to working in complex, fast-paced environments.
- Organizational and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
What We'd Like You to Have:
- Applied experience practicing agile software development, preferably Kanban focused.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Experience working in a SaaS industry.
- Payments industry knowledge.
- Experience partnering with external customers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position.
Relocation assistance will not be offered.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
This role is eligible for remote work from anywhere in the US, or could be based out of our headquarters in Cleveland, OH.