- Come join us
What we do.
Cardinal, a Visa solution, is a global leader in authenticating digital transactions. We work every day to make the digital shopping experience safe, rewarding, and engaging. We're a global leader not only because of what we do, but because of who we are. Our team represents the best of the best. We work in a way that suits our people, their lifestyles, work styles, and individuality. We work hard as a team to collectively meet - and exceed - goals and consider each other family. We are one of the leading fintech companies in Northeast OH with teams locally and around the world working remotely. We are proud of what we do and how we do it.
Come join us
The Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for planning, architecting, and managing an efficient and secure cloud environment. This person will also manage a variety of software systems deployed to the cloud. The Engineer must stay current with the latest tools and best practices in the industry. This role is also responsible for working with the Manager and Director to set vision for the team.
What You'll Do:
- Deliver plans for required functions using the cloud offerings.
- Support plans with evidentiary findings of best practices.
- Plan for future scalability of our cloud infrastructure.
- Document infrastructure and educate support engineers.
- Provide monitoring and educate others on the use of monitoring.
- Manage deployed software including Elasticsearch, Kafka, InfluxDB, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Research and work on implementing new technologies that might add value to the team.
- Work with development teams and help them deploy and manage their applications securely.
- Partner with the Manager and Director to develop and set the vision for the team, and plan for future needs.
- Work with internal teams to plan for future needs.
- Learn new technologies to take advantage of cloud computing.
- Lead research of new cloud technologies and keep up to date on forthcoming offerings.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and provide support for incident resolution.
- Work on multiple cloud providers as required.
What We Need You to Have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related discipline.
In lieu of a degree, a high school diploma or equivalent with four or more years of related training and/or experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, will be considered.
- 5+ years of experience with cloud infrastructure in either AWS or Azure environment.
- Certification in either AWS or Azure environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies either provided as Cloud services or solutions external to that stack.
- Experience administering Identity Access Management.
- Demonstrated commitment to security best practices.
What We'd Like You to Have:
- Master's degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related discipline.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers and reach with hands and arms.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position.
This position can be performed in a remote work arrangement for any candidate located outside the greater Cleveland area. To foster community, connection, and collaboration, it is expected that candidates within a 50 mile commute of our Mentor, Ohio location adhere to a hybrid working model. This hybrid model includes in office and work from home days each week.