- Come join us
What we do.
Cardinal, a Visa solution, is a global leader in authenticating digital transactions. We work every day to make the digital shopping experience safe, rewarding, and engaging. We're a global leader not only because of what we do, but because of who we are. Our team represents the best of the best. We work in a way that suits our people, their lifestyles, work styles, and individuality. We work hard as a team to collectively meet - and exceed - goals and consider each other family. We are one of the leading fintech companies in Northeast OH with teams locally and around the world working remotely. We are proud of what we do and how we do it.
Come join us
Our Senior Data Analyst will support the merchant and issuing sales teams and other customer-facing business units by becoming their go-to source for data consolidation, reporting, insights, and guidance. The key focus of this role is to coordinate the gathering of data from internal Cardinal and Visa sources, as well as external environments. This role will consolidate data elements to create the important messaging critical to the Cardinal Exchange solution, link merchants and issuer 3DS data flow to enhance the consumer experiences, and create and present to customers the value of the Cardinal data solutions.
This position will investigate the relationships among variables across a variety of payment and consumer touchpoints. Key initiatives leverage self-service dashboards, key metrics, scorecards, and identification of competitive advantages from data.
What You'll Do:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the 3DS and card authorization environment.
- Develop an end-to-end understanding of data and reporting, and work with business owners to understand and define their data and analytics needs.
- Support development of self-service analytics through interactive dashboards and other data tools. Extract and analyze data to support issuer case studies including benchmarking of authentication and authorization results.
- Work with data engineering to build ETLs that transform the data into manageable nuggets.
- Draw insights and work with the appropriate parts of the organization to implement changes based on those insights.
- Perform "what if" and ad hoc analyses and question existing assumptions and processes.
- Develop and track key metrics that represent the key performance indicators for Cardinal products and the ecommerce marketplace.
- Execute model implantation and performance tracking for risk models; generate performance analysis at the aggregate level, as well as the issuer level, then interpret and present performance results to a non-technical audience.
- Propel analytic product development via conducting statistical analyses and various data sources, and add value to products by being innovative and applying the analysis.
- Define financial and analytic metrics to measure development and production outcomes and product performance reports.
- Find opportunities to create and automate repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users.
- Support sales and marketing efforts with sound statistical and financial analysis, and execute ad hoc analyses to meet the fast-changing market demands.
- Conduct transaction data analyses with Hadoop/Cloud and big data technologies for internal and external product owners, and develop deeper insights into the products using advanced statistical information.
- Support development of self-service analytics through interactive dashboards and other data tools.
- Design and analyze A/B, before/after tests to quantify the impact of customer-facing changes.
- Perform quality assurance checks or studies.
- Automate analyses and author pipelines via Salesforce, SQL, and Python-based ETL frameworks.
- Develop data extraction scripts from multiple data sources.
What We Need You to Have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in finance, mathematics, economics, statistics, or a related discipline.
In lieu of a degree, a high school diploma or equivalent with four or more years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, will be considered.
- 5+ years experience in a business analytics role.
- Customer-facing presentation experience.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, including MS Office, with advanced skills in PowerPoint and Excel (spreadsheet functionality, v-lookup, pivot tables, charts, graphic, macros).
- Experience in manipulating, visualizing, and providing analysis of data.
- Strong statistical background, and basic knowledge in machine learning and data science.
- Expertise in Salesforce and SQL with the ability to conduct advanced query analysis.
- Experience in handling large-scale, unstructured data and working with distributed computing.
- Knowledge of ETL practices and concepts.
- Knowledge of transactional and multi-dimensional databases, data warehousing, start and snowflake schemas, and OLAP cubes.
- Experience in working with the Apache web server environment (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.)
What We'd Like You to Have:
- Experience with AWS services and tools.
- Payments industry knowledge.
- MySQL, Python, Tableau, and Kibana knowledge.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position.
Relocation assistance will not be offered.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.