- Come join us
What we do.
Cardinal, a Visa solution, is a global leader in authenticating digital transactions. We work every day to make the digital shopping experience safe, rewarding, and engaging. We're a global leader not only because of what we do, but because of who we are. Our team represents the best of the best. We work in a way that suits our people, their lifestyles, work styles, and individuality. We work hard as a team to collectively meet - and exceed - goals and consider each other family. We are one of the leading fintech companies in Northeast OH with teams locally and around the world working remotely. We are proud of what we do and how we do it.
Come join us
The Systems Engineer will contribute to the Operations group through continuous improvement and continuous delivery of our application support functions, process re-engineering, automation scripts, and analyzing data to contribute to CardinalCommerce goals and initiatives. This role will require the ability to solve deep, technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in functional and technical meetings throughout the development lifecycle.
- Understand application architecture and transaction flows to provide support to internal and external customers.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix production software issues.
- Develop monitoring solutions.
- Perform software maintenance and configurations.
- Perform SQL queries to solve technical problems.
- Provide direct support during deployments and general production.
- Prioritize requests from operations, development, and support teams.
- Collaborate with operations, development, and support teams to design self-service solutions.
- Design and develop tools for automation and process improvement.
- Analyze large quantities of data to find trends or patterns of potential issues.
- Explore new technologies to solve current issues.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
What We Need You to Have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field.
- In lieu of a degree, a high school diploma or equivalent with four or more years of experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, will be considered
- Basic knowledge of web-based, service-oriented application development
- 3+ years of experience in the following:
- Diagnosing, reporting, tracking, and resolving quality issues
- Developing and executing manual and automated test suites
- QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution
- Variety of programming languages and environments
- Testing web-based enterprise applications
- Basic understanding of MS SQL server
- Demonstrated software development and technical skills
- Ability to use MS Office products
- Great written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects at once
What We'd Like You to Have:
- Experience with Windows and Linux OS
- Experience with DNS and load balancers
- Understanding of IIS, .Net, Tomcat, and Java architecture.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Powershell
- Knowledge of source control systems
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position.
Relocation assistance will not be offered.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
This role is eligible for remote work from anywhere in the US, or could be based out of our headquarters in Cleveland, OH.