- Come join us
What we do.
Cardinal, a Visa solution, is a global leader in authenticating digital transactions. We work every day to make the digital shopping experience safe, rewarding, and engaging. We're a global leader not only because of what we do, but because of who we are. Our team represents the best of the best. We work in a way that suits our people, their lifestyles, work styles, and individuality. We work hard as a team to collectively meet - and exceed - goals and consider each other family. We are one of the leading fintech companies in Northeast OH with teams locally and around the world working remotely. We are proud of what we do and how we do it.
Come join us
We are seeking out two DevOps to join our growing Continuous Delivery team here at CardinalCommerce. This engineer would join a team of passionate engineers whose mission is to modernize cardinal’s application delivery process, runtime environment, and automated testing process using a combination of containerization and pipeline technologies.
The role is responsible for helping the company continue to architect and manage their Kubernetes environments from development through production along the way adding testing and security automation. You will lead cross-functional projects, including members from the development, operations, and QA organizations, to help build highly available and resilient systems. In addition to the architectural work, there will be hands-on responsibilities including implementation and troubleshooting. Other responsibilities for this role will include laying out both monitoring and centralized logging strategy as well as training and gaining buy-in from all impacted groups.
What You’ll Do:
- Architect/Implement/Manage infrastructure to support Kubernetes clusters in all environments
- Provide support for all application environments, as well as the continuous integration build environment
- Develop and implement centralized logging strategy
- Develop and implement container monitoring strategy
- Act as the Docker technical SME for our Continuous Integration Team
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of network hardware, software, and peripheral equipment
- Coordinate and conduct project architecture, infrastructure review meetings
- Develop/implement container scaling strategy
What We Need You to Have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in technical or related discipline
- In lieu of degree, a high school diploma/equivalent with four or more years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- 3+ years of software engineering and/or IT operations and infrastructure experience
- Experience in the following areas:
- Linux (Redhat, ubuntu)
- Infrastructure Automation tools (ansible, salt, chef)
- Container scheduler (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
- Containerized development (Docker, rkt)
- Logging tools (ELK stack, Splunk)
- Monitoring tools (Prometheus, Telegraf)
What We'd Like You to Have:
- Experience in the following areas:
- Application pipeline software (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Source Control Tool Administration (Bitbucket,Github enterprise)
- Scripting (Bash, Powershell)
- Experience in DevOps culture
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position.
Relocation assistance will not be offered.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.