- Come join us
What we do.
Cardinal, a Visa solution, is a global leader in authenticating digital transactions. We work every day to make the digital shopping experience safe, rewarding, and engaging. We're a global leader not only because of what we do, but because of who we are. Our team represents the best of the best. We work in a way that suits our people, their lifestyles, work styles, and individuality. We work hard as a team to collectively meet - and exceed - goals and consider each other family. We are one of the leading fintech companies in Northeast OH with teams locally and around the world working remotely. We are proud of what we do and how we do it.
Come join us
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working Android developer to join our growing technology services team. We seek developers excited about rolling up their sleeves, implementing big ideas, and learning from those around them. You will have the opportunity to grow your technical and professional skills while also helping Cardinal grow. This role will take someone with an inventive mind who can be creative coming up with solutions and who is not afraid of working independently.
Our Android Developer is responsible for the analysis, design, development, maintenance, and support of mobile device software applications for customers across a variety of technology platforms. You will be assisting with one of the biggest global initiatives for credit card security, CardinalCommerce being the leading company involved. This role will take someone with an inventive mind who can be creative coming up with solutions and who is not afraid of working independently. The ideal candidate will enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels – from networking up to user interfaces and whatever’s in between.
*This is a full time W2 role, we are not hiring corp to corp for this opportunity*
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build and maintain our Android app and libraries in Java and Kotlin
- Complete tasks related to the complete software development life cycle including technical requirements, development, and testing
- Focus on how the project will react against the actual production environment and less on “passing QA”
- Resolve customer complaints with software, and respond to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements
- Codes, debugs, tests, deploys, supports and documents moderately complex application mobile device software
- Ensures secure coding, contingency, and deployment methodologies are in place upon moderately complex software implementation
- Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures for a range of straightforward problems
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Contribute to software design through the use of established patterns and practices
- Operate in an agile environment, working with Product and QA team members to deliver software focused on quality
- Ensure effective integration of software across products, platforms, and environments
What We Need You to Have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related fields
- In lieu of degree, a high school diploma/equivalent with four or more years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- 3+ years of experience developing native Android applications in Java or Kotlin
- Ability to take ownership over critical parts of the application
- Intermediate experience with Android frameworks
- Experience writing testable code and automating test regressions
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that promote and foster a team culture.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
- Prior experience releasing and supporting applications in a Production environment
What We Would Love for You To Have:
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining an Android app
- Experience with REST architecture for web services
- Proficient in Java and/or Kotlin for development
- Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
- Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers and reach with hands and arms.
- Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position.
- This position can be performed in a remote work arrangement for any candidate located outside the greater Cleveland area. To foster community, connection, and collaboration, it is expected that candidates within a 50 mile commute of our Mentor, Ohio location adhere to a hybrid working model. This hybrid model includes in office and work from home days each week.
This position can be performed in a remote work arrangement for any candidate located outside the greater Cleveland area, or any Visa office. To foster community, connection, and collaboration, it is expected that candidates within a 50 mile commute of our Mentor, Ohio location adhere to a hybrid working model. Hybrid work is also expected for any candidate within a 50 mile commute of a Visa office. This hybrid model includes in office and work from home days each week.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.